Derwent Valley Council has opened its community grants program for the 2017/18 financial year. Not-for-profit sporting, cultural and community groups within the Derwent Valley municipal area are invited to apply for assistance in cash and kind under this program.
The council says it will give preference to groups in the municipality which have a broad community benefit, with grants mostly falling in the range of $200 to $1000. Applications close on February 16.
Who can apply?
- Incorporated and unincorporated community groups and organisations within the Derwent Valley area.
- Committees and Special Committees of the Derwent Valley Council.
You should be able to show that you can successfully manage and administer your proposal and be able to provide Council with information about its outcome and the benefits provided.
What is eligible?
- Community proposals that can demonstrate the following:
- A need for the proposal in the Derwent Valley community.
- A high level of community participation in the project/proposal.
- Significant benefit to the Derwent Valley community
Download the 9-page Community Small Grants application form from the Derwent Valley Council website.
[credit: Derwent Valley Council]