One of the town's oldest registered properties. This historic home began life in 1815 as a cellar for storage of hops and was later extended with a mud brick lower floor. The convict brick upper floor was added in 1835 which now proudly houses our colonial accommodation.
The original land grant was to John S Hampton and William Courtney who were overseers of the convict stores, two of our suites have been named in their honour to acknowledge the part they played in the history of New Norfolk.
New Norfolk's town centre is only 5 minutes stroll away. Even closer is the beautiful Derwent River, a licensed Lawn Bowls Club and the public swimming pool. We are 45 minutes from Mt Field National Park, Russell Falls and the Tasmanian Devil Sanctuary. Hobart and the famous Salamanca markets are only 35 minutes away. It takes approximately 2.5 hours to drive to Port Arthur and the Peninsula, and we are on the direct route to Strahan and Tassie's Beautiful West Coast.
After a long day exploring, relax and enjoy dinner in our restaurant. No need to venture any further than down the stairs from your beautifully appointed rooms.